I have been co-washing since a month. Right now the adjustment period is coming to an end. My hair stopped being lank and heavy, and is starting to curl, from the bottom up -- a little higher every week !
Anyway, during the adjustment period I spent ages searching for what I could be going wrong. I made these notes, and I thought to share them here:
* Scrub, scrub, really scrub the scalp while washing.
* Re-check all hair products for silicones.
* Clarify with baking soda + conditioner. Follow with apple cider vinegar rinse.
* Try alternating conditioner washes with water-only washes.
* Wavies may need to shampoo with a sulfate-free shampoo every now and then.
* Try a protein treatment, to give the hair strength to stay up.
* Regularly drool over this thread (note, you may have to register to see pics. But it's totally worth it.)
* Remember that the adjustment period is only temporary !
Source: Naturally Curly forum
I must say that Inaeorf's comment helped my survive. I kept on telling myself: it's just 6 weeks, I can do this !
Image by ~the-wild-rover on deviantART